Thursday, October 1, 2009

Coffee Table Reveal...

I love it when you find just what you're looking for at just the right price. I have been perusing craigslist for a coffee table for probably 6 months and sometimes people want just a little much for their possessions. I saw some U.G.L.Y coffee tables that were listed for $200+. Crazy, I tell you!

I stopped at Goodwill one Saturday morning. It wasn't just any Saturday morning. It was 50% Off Day! I spotted this coffee table under some end tables that had just been claimed by another customer. After she hauled out her goods I staked out my grounds and waited ever so patiently for a worker to come close enough. It hadn't been marked with a price so she called over the furniture guy and he shrugged his shoulders and said $17.99? Sold! My precious coffee table only cost $8.98.

Photobucket

With a little sanding, some Heirloom White spray paint, some Dark Walnut stain, and Wipe-On Poly she's looking like a million bucks - or at least $50. I think I'll keep an eye out for a dark bronze drawer pull to replace the wooden knob. Anyway, here is her grand reveal.

Thanks to inspiration from
Lettered Cottage
320 Sycamore
Thrifty Decor Chick

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. THIS is awesome! Wow, that is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. The bronze handle will be a great touch too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Pottery Barn!!! I love my GW

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing table!! Check out this one too for Unique Coffee Tables.

    ReplyDelete